G10 Material - G10 Fiberglass - G10 Composite: G10 Handle Making Materials
All the colors shown are pictures of 2" x 2" G10 squares. Most are ground at an angle to show the layers. Some color variation may occur.
G10 Material - G10 Fiberglass - and G10 Composite: G10 Handle Making Materials
WARNING: Always wear a respirator when working with composite materials. Wear the respirator when cleaning your work area. Do everything possible to avoid breathing the dust and fumes.
The samples shown are pictures of 2" x 2" squares. The samples are ground at an angle to show the layers. Some color variation may occur.
G10: G10 is a composite made of layers of glass cloth and epoxy resin. It has very high flex, impact and bond strength.
Micarta: Micarta is a composite made of layers of cloth or paper and phenolic resin.
Micarta is not as strong as G10, but it still is very strong. It has been called "The Steel of the Plastic Industry". In addition to knife handles it is an excellent material for making jigs and fixtures. When I make fixtures I drill & tap holes directly in micarta without threaded inserts. The threads have never stripped.
Natural micarta is a yellow or tan. As it ages the color turns to a red/brown.
Thunderstorm Kevlar: Thunderstorm Kevlar is made with layers of Kevlar fabric bonded with resin. Brass wires are woven through the fabric. The layers of fabric are very coarse. It looks almost like burlap. The material polishes very well. Kevlar is a true space age material. It is used in applications where light weight, flexibility and strength are required.
Finishing Tips: When you sand composites the layers look similar to wood grain. When you are finished sanding the handle may look chalky or dull. If you want the orginal color: 1) Wash the handle thoroughly with Dawn dish soap 2) Spray the handle with WD-40 3) Wash the handle with Dawn again
Multi Color G10
G10 - (Multi-Color)
good source for the multi color G10 scales
G-10/FR-4 Multicolor Sheet for Fins
G-10/FR-4 Multicolor Sheets are a unique product combining the high-performance of G-10/ FR-4 epoxy sheet, with the attractiveness of a consumer directed product.
Board Fins made from this glass epoxy multicolor sheet are used extensively on high-end surfboards & windsurfing boards.
· Also used by the electronics industry as an engravable G-10/FR-4 laminate.
· This product also meets the specifications of G-10/FR-4 glass epoxy sheet.
· industrial applications include high-strength dielectic or insulative parts.
· Multi-color layering allows these sheets to be easily engraved with part numbers for quick identification and replacement.
· Available in 12 different colors and multiple color combinations, these attractive high-strength fins are both finctional and decorative.
· Typical Sandwich 3 Ply Sheets such as: Black/White/Black.
· Available Colors: Black, Brown, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Ash, White & Natural (light green)
· Standard Sheet Size: 40" x 48"
· Used on surfboards & windsurfing boards.
G10 handle materialColourful G10 Sheet Knife Handle Materials 4x8 Fiberglass SheetsFiberglass Insulating knife handle / insulation knife handle with high temperature resistant